An applicant for admission to the M.Sc. in Information Technology Management must meet the following academic requirements:
A) A bachelor degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or related fields with cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above.
B) A bachelor degree with non-IT related fields with cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above and has at least two-year work environment experience with IT related task.
C) A bachelor degree with non-IT related fields with cumulative GPA 2.0 or above and has graduated with diploma or certificate with Information Technology streams.
Based on the requirements of the applicants the College has designed bridging courses for those who will be joining the program without IT basic knowledge. There are three courses prepared for bridging. Those courses are rich in content that helps students to understand and know the IT environment. The total credit hour for those courses will be 9.
The general admission requirements set by Utopia’s College Legislation will be applicable for admission of candidates for the MBA program. Since MBA is an open program for applicants from different disciplines with a minimum of Bachelor degree, in addition to fulfilling the admission requirements stated in the Legislation of Utopia College, they must fulfill the following basic criteria:
- The applicant must complete his/her bachelor program with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.00 and above.
- The applicant must sit for an entrance exam that is going to be prepared and administered by the MBA coordination office. The entrance exam will have a similarity with an internationally recognized Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), which is mainly English language and mathematics. Each of these subjects will carry 50% of the total 100%.
- Applicants who have at least two years practical work environment experience with management and business-related tasks will get additional 5 marks. Likewise, female applicants will encourage as they will be entitled to an additional 5 marks.
- Foreign students, if their native language is not English, must provide satisfactory evidence that they have an adequate knowledge and understanding of written and spoken English. ILETS and TOEFL test scores of not less than 6.0 or 560, respectively will be acceptable.
- Grading system is a four-point scale or it’s equivalent.